As a company that deals with councils and authorities we would like to reassure our customers that we will continue to trade, to this end we have implemented the following precautionary processes and protocols in line with Federal Government recommendations:
- McBerns will continue to supply and support our customers, we have contacted all our suppliers and we have no issue at all with supply of our raw materials at this stage
- No physical contact with customers, contractors or other staff this will include when it is necessary for staff to access sites in the customers presence they (customer) must remain the 1.5 m requirement away, we are encouraging video conferencing on site also to eliminate personal contact.
- Customers must also be wearing the appropriate required PPE
- Any individuals showing signs of communicable illness (eg cough, runny nose etc) are required to cease work immediately, leave site and remain away for a period of 5 days (this may be extended based on individual cases)
- Staff shall work remotely where possible
- Substituting face to face meetings between McBerns staff, customers and our suppliers with phone calls or video where possible.
- All staff and suppliers returning from any overseas travel must comply with the Federal Government’s compulsory 14 day self-isolation restriction
- All international and domestic business travel is cancelled until further notice
- regularly wash your hands throughout the day with alcohol-based sanitisers, or soap and water regularly for 20 seconds
- Maintain separation from others of at least 1.5m
- McBerns will continue to monitor advice from the federal government and health authorities and will update our processes accordingly.
With these processes, we will continue to minimise any disruption by maintaining business as usual while meeting government and health authorities’ recommendations.
We realise that this is a difficult time for all our customers, suppliers and their families and appreciate your assistance and support in maintaining a healthy environment. We will come through this crisis by all pulling together and we look forward to the day we can all shake hands again.
General Manager – McBerns Pty Ltd.